Serving the greater Lincoln area since 1985
Welcome to our website! Please browse our site for information about FoodNet Inc.
Foodnet is a 501(c)(3) organization, and is a group of volunteers from many different churches and other non-profit organizations, trying to stop the waste of food and provide for those in need.
Foodnet provides mostly perishable foods such as fruits, vegetables, dairy products, bread, etc. These are items not usually found at a dry goods food pantry, but are still in demand.
Distribution of food through Foodnet is made possible by the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act: an act of Congress that encourages the donation of food and grocery products to non-profit organizations for distribution to needy individuals, backed by the full force and effect of law.
We are proud to partner with Food Donation Connection. Together we work to get surplus food to the hungry in our community. For more information on Food Donation Connections Harvest Program, please visit www.foodtodonate.com.
- Number of Foodnet Sites (Lincoln, Crete, Denton, Milford, Seward): 22
- Total people served: 281,948
- Average number served per week: 5,422
- Total Volunteers: 580
- Volunteer Hours in 2012: 81,117
- No paid staff, 100% volunteers
- We welcome Community Crops as a Donor to the Foodnet Program! Thank you!